American Physical Therapy Association Latest News
- The Post-Therapy Cap System: 5 Basics You Need to Know February 16, 2018The budget deal didn't just remove a rule--it also launched a new system of payment thresholds and triggers.
- Now Available: Recording of 'Insider Intel' Session on Therapy Cap, Home Health, More February 16, 2018Are you ready for what's coming?
- CMS Offers Settlement Option for Providers With Denial Appeals in Limbo February 16, 2018CMS is offering some providers a chance to settle backlogged claims denial appeals at 62% of net allowed amounts.
- Home Health Faces Challenges in Wake of Budget Deal February 14, 2018What does the federal budget deal mean for home health?
- The Good Stuff: Members and the Profession in the Media, February 2018 February 14, 2018"I still wasn’t whole."
The Official Blog for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS releases its Measures Under Consideration List for 2018 pre-rulemaking November 30, 2017By: Kate Goodrich, M.D., M.H.S., Director, Center for Clinical Standards & Quality, CMS Chief Medical Officer Medicare and other payers are rapidly moving toward a healthcare system that rewards high quality care while spending more wisely. Foundational to the success of these efforts is having quality measures that are meaningful to patients, consumers, and providers […]Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- CMS announces a new user-centered resource to help improve alignment: the CMS Measures Inventory Tool (CMIT) November 20, 2017By Kate Goodrich, MD Director, CMS Center for Clinical Standards and Quality & CMS Chief Medical Officer CMS is actively working to move the needle on improving quality in healthcare without additional burden to those providers on the frontlines. CMS recently launched a new initiative, ‘Meaningful Measures,’ which will streamline current measure sets – so […]Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Administrator’s Blog: National Rural Health Day (November 16, 2017) November 16, 2017November 16, 2017 By: Seema Verma, CMS Administrator @SeemaCMS Today, CMS is celebrating National Rural Health Day by commemorating our partners who provide quality care to the nearly one in five Americans who reside in rural communities. CMS recognizes the unique challenges facing rural America, and we are taking action to improve access and quality […]Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- CMS’s 2017 Medicare Fee-For-Service improper payment rate is below 10 percent for the first time since 2013 November 15, 2017CMS Blog https://blog.cms.gov/2017/11/15/cmss-2017-medicare-fee-for-service-improper-payment-rate-is-below-10-percent November 15, 2017 By Kimberly Brandt, Principal Deputy Administrator for Operations (@cms.hhs.gov) The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is committed to reducing improper payments in all of its programs, as evidenced by improper payment reduction efforts contained in the Fiscal Year 2018 President’s Budget. CMS’s new leadership is re-examining existing […]CMS
- Thank You For Your Service November 11, 2017CMS BLOG https://blog.cms.gov/2017/11/11/thank-you-for-your-service November 9, 2017 By: Seema Verma, CMS Administrator Thank You for Your Service We’ve all heard the stories of bravery and sacrifice, or have personally experienced the inspiring dedication to service of our US Military veterans, but for me their heroism was made real on a visit to Normandy. Early in the […]CMS